After completing this module, participants should be better able to:
- Understand the aims of heart failure (HF) treatment
- Recognise the role of lifestyle modifications (weight control, smoking cessation, exercise)
- Understand the therapeutic options available for acute and chronic HF
- Be aware of the modes of action of the different therapeutic agents prescribed
- Recognise the role of the primary care team in HF management.
Professor Andrew Clark, Chair in Clinical Cardiology, Hull York Medical School
Dr Paul Kalra, Consultant Cardiologist, Portsmouth Hospitals NHS Trust
Dr Donah Zachariah, Cardiology Research Fellow, Portsmouth Hospitals NHS Trust
2 CPD/CME credits, 2 hours
BJC Learning has assigned two hours of CPD/CME credit to this module
You need to login to take this module
You need to be a registered member to view this page. It's quick, free and offers you a host of other benefits, including the facility to print and download articles and supplements, access our archived issues and receive email updates when new issues and other content are online.