Upon completing this module, participants should be better able to:
- Understand the role of Virchow’s triad
- Discuss the coagulation cascade
- Recognise key aspects of platelet function
- Appreciate the consequences of inappropriate activation of coagulation
- Appreciate the importance of antiplatelet drugs in treating/preventing arterial thrombosis
- Explain the role of anticoagulants in treating/preventing venous thrombosis and embolism.
Dr Andrew Blann, Consultant Clinical Scientist, City Hospital, Birmingham
Module revised by Dr Matthew Rogers, Locum Consultant Haematologist, Royal Surrey County Hospital
1 CPD/CME credit, 1.0 hour
BJC Learning has assigned one hour of CPD/CME credit to this module
Arrhythmia Alliance – the Heart Rhythm Charity
You need to login to take this module
You need to be a registered member to view this page. It's quick, free and offers you a host of other benefits, including the facility to print and download articles and supplements, access our archived issues and receive email updates when new issues and other content are online.