Upon completing this module, participants should be better able to:
- Understand the basic structure of cardiac valves
- Understand the pathophysiology underlying the most common heart valve disorders including:
– degenerative heart valve disease
– myxomatous heart valve degeneration
– rheumatic heart disease
– functional heart valve disease
– systemic inflammatory diseases
- Discuss novel therapeutic strategies and how these might relate to the underlying pathophysiology.
Dr Marc R Dweck, University of Edinburgh and Edinburgh Heart Centre
Dr Russell J Everett, University of Edinburgh and Edinburgh Heart Centre
Professor David E Newby, University of Edinburgh and Edinburgh Heart Centre
1 CPD/CME credit, 1 hour
BJC Learning has assigned one hour of CPD/CME credit to this module
The European Board for Accreditation in Cardiology (EBAC) has assigned one CME credit to this module. German participants should contact EBAC to receive a German VNR code for this course.
Produced in collaboration with:
You need to login to take this module
You need to be a registered member to view this page. It's quick, free and offers you a host of other benefits, including the facility to print and download articles and supplements, access our archived issues and receive email updates when new issues and other content are online.