Upon completing this module, participants should be better able to:
- Understand the role of disease-modifying pharmacotherapy in valvular heart disease (VHD)
- Understand the role of supportive pharmacotherapy in VHD
- Recognise the indications for anticoagulation in VHD
- Be aware of the patient groups at high risk of developing infective endocarditis
- Realise the reasons for recent changes in international guidelines which restrict antibiotic prophylaxis of endocarditis
- Compare and contrast the differing recommendations for antibiotic prophylaxis of the European Society of Cardiology and the UK National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence.
Dr Sean Coffey, Research Fellow, Oxford Biomedical Research Centre, John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford
Dr Bernard D Prendergast, Consultant Cardiologist, Guy’s and St Thomas’s NHS Trust, London
1 CPD/CME credit, 1 hour
BJC Learning has assigned one hour of CPD/CME credit to this module
The European Board for Accreditation in Cardiology (EBAC) has assigned one CME credit to this module. German participants should contact EBAC to receive a German VNR code for this course.
Produced in collaboration with:
You need to login to take this module
You need to be a registered member to view this page. It's quick, free and offers you a host of other benefits, including the facility to print and download articles and supplements, access our archived issues and receive email updates when new issues and other content are online.